Thursday, March 26, 2009

Villa Mauri II & the beginning of real restaurant reviews

After my previously contraversial post on Villa Mauri, even up to now, I'm getting the occasional 'f**k you" regarding the topic and I've just about had it. I couldnt give two f**ks about people who want to earn their living of us but yet are not willing to put in the effort to give us better quality. Do you really think we Bruneians are so easy to make money off? Just because other bloggers give you good reviews doesnt mean I have to. If it sucks, it sucks. Why should I help you sucker others into giving you patronage? Suck up your stomach and deal with it!

Now, on a side note, I've been talking to a developer of an iphone app called BuUuk. This app is a restaurant review app targeted at Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia and I am happy to say now includes Brunei. Users will be able to add restaurants they visit and geotag them and give their reviews independently. At the moment, the app only has about 100 odd restaurants and these may not be geographically correct nor have all the right information. A team of locals are currently going round geotagging these and all others they happen to visit and try. If you would like to give them a hand, please go to the apple app store and download the app.